7.12 Testing services between authorities (group task)
Testing of services of another authority or X-Road subsystem requires that a subsystem has opened their service in the security server for use by another subsystem.
Testing party in the role of service provider:
Open the service of your subsystem in the security server for another subsystem wishing to test your service.
This operation is further described in the ‘Learning material for X-Road security server administrator’:
21.4. Changing the access rights of a service: https://moodle.ria.ee/mod/book/view.php?id=353&chapterid=312
Testing party in the role of user of the service:
Testing service of another subsystem with SoapUI: first, you should know the parameters of the service of the subsystem to be tested: <DEVTRAINING_XX_A>, <serviceCode>,<serviceVersion>
Test as described below, ensuring that names of another subsystem and service are used as values of service header fields (not those of your own subsystem, as tested in chapter 6).
Add a new SoapUI project with the test subsystem parameters
a new SOAP project, select in the menu: File -> New SOAP project
- Initial WSDL: – enter the WSDL address of the test service via the security server in the form:
Testing dataservice of another subsystem with SoapUI tool via X-Road security server:
- Change the endpoint field in SoapUI request window by entering the
- Change the header fields of the request
in the request input window:
- Service/xRoadInstance: ee-dev (we operate in X-Road development instance)
- Service/ memberClass: COM
- Service/ memberCode: <XRD_MEMBER>
- Service/ subsystemCode: <DEVTRAINING_XX_A>
- Service/ serviceCode: <name of dataservice of another subsystem>
- Service/ serviceVersion: <version no of dataservice of another subsystem>
- protocolVersion: 4.0
- client /xRoadInstance: ee-dev (we operate in an X-Road development instance)
- client / memberClass: COM
- client / memberCode: <XRD_MEMBER>
- client / subsystemCode: <DEVTRAINING_XX_B>
3. Activate request by clicking the green activation button in the upper left corner.
4. Check the request response.
Testing the service of another subsystem with MISP2
Refresh the list of services of another subsystem and generate forms as described in clause 7.3.